GBP Quick & Easy Autumn Review 2 of 6

Tuesday, April 5, 2011


Day 2 ~ Snacks & Appetizers

We're celebrating AUTUMN here although it is spring! Thanks to Gooseberry Patch for another wonderful cookbook. I live in Nebraska and autumn means one thing -- HUSKER FOOTBALL!! GO BIG RED!! I simply must have plenty of recipes for snacky foods. When I went looking for a recipe from Quick & Easy Autumn's chapter on Snacks and Appetizers, I did it with football snacks in mind -- there were several wonderful choices but I settled on Claudia's Famous Wing Dip submitted by Jason Keller of Carrollton, GA.




Claudia's Famous Wing Dip

8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
16-oz container sour cream
1 c blue cheese salad dressing
1/2 c hot wing sauce
2-1/2 c cooked chicken, shredded
1 c provolone cheese, shredded
tortilla chips, celery sticks

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, salad dressing and wing sauce until well blended. Stir in chicken and cheese. Transfer to a greased 2-quart caserole dish. Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with tortilla chips and celery sticks. Makes 6-1/2 cups.

This recipe met with mixed reviews at my house -- I for one really enjoyed it with celery sticks -- a great low carb treat but my son and his girlfriend did not care for it. I'd be willing to make it again for football games with other snacks for the non-hot wing fans.

Remember to leave comment to enter in for the giveaway. There will be a total of 6 recipes reviewed this week and a comment on each review makes 6 entires for the cookbook and Faithfulness Farm apron giveaway -- the winner to be announced on April 15 (since taxes are due the 18th this year, I figure the 15th should be the deadline for something, lol).