One Good Thing!

Monday, October 24, 2011
I first saw this on Pintrest and thought -- no one's baking sheets look as bad as mine -- then I realized that maybe Jillie's from One Good Thing might come close, lol. I was very intrigued about her *Miracle Cleaner* and since it was my favorite kind -- made from household staples, I figured I'd give it a try and report back to you.

These babies are truly workhorses in my kitchen and have been for many, many years. I am not sure when these were purchased but I do remember having them when we still lived in California, so before 1999. Another thing I wanted to add is that I never saw anything wrong with my baking sheets looking like this. I've been behind the scenes in more than one commercial bakery and that is what the baking sheets look like -- I always thought of it as kind of a badge of honor -- my baking sheets get USED.

The results -- yep, this pan is certainly cleaner looking with all the carbonized stuff off of it -- but I am afraid the miracle cleaner had little to do with it - the cleaning machine was - good ole elbow grease and a stainless steel scrubber. I'm just going to let the rest of my stack of baking sheets keep their MUCH USED appearance.

I use baking soda to clean a lot of different things around the kitchen and did find the combination of the peroxide and baking soda did take some hard water spots off some serving utensils but I think I am not going to be using peroxide in the kitchen on a regular basis.

Note: I was asked why I wouldn't be using Peroxide in the kitchen regularly. The answer to that is it made me a bit uncomfortable. It has no smell or color and looks just like water. Not a safe chemical in the kitchen out of it's normal packaging. That is just my opinion, better to be safe than sorry.

Hooking up with Susan's Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.