THANKSgiving!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Warning: This blog post is going to be all over the place, lol.

First I want to say that I have had to *turn off* Anonymous comments. I really didn't want to do that but lately the SPAM has been ridiculous.

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday BUT the last few years it has been difficult to figure out just how to celebrate it -- you see it was in November 2007 that my now ex-husband and I separated. That year we spent Thanksgiving with my folks. Then for the next 2 years we were guests at friends. Last year my youngest daughter had a boyfriend commit suicide the week before the holiday and we pretty much decided to just skip it. Originally I had planned to return to my folks home for Thanksgiving this year but that didn't work out with my daughter's pregnancy SO we are celebrating at home. At first I was a little disappointed about that but have really warmed up to the idea that we (my children and I) will be having the holiday at home. My menu is planned, the shopping done and the house is cleaned. I am ready. Tomorrow evening I will be baking the pumpkin cheesecake (look for that recipe on Friday) and on Thursday everyone will lend a hand in making the feast.

So what is on the menu? Roasted Turkey, Cornbread Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Green Beans, Mrs. Schmidt's Sweet Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce, Pickles & Olives and Rolls -- Dessert will be Pumpkin Cheesecake and Pumpkin Spice Coffee.

I have so much to be thankful for this year -- when counting my blessings, I always count the friendship and encouragement my friends and fellow bloggers provide me with. Happy Thanksgiving.

FYI, I have 2 Gooseberry Patch books coming to me for review in the next couple weeks -- you know what that means -- great recipes and GIVEAWAYS!! Stay tuned!!